Me: Honey, I’m reading this book and the author says that taking fertility medications can be a very emotional experience for a woman.
Adam: uh-huh. *turning the tv up louder*
Me: It says that when I have my emotional outburts that seem irrational, you should just agree with me.
Adam: yeah ok.
Me: What do you mean, ‘yeah ok’? I’m trying to be serious here!
Adam: Uh yeah, but I can’t take that seriously.
Adam: Because that book was obviously written by a woman.
Since whenÂ are real women who have been through and/or treat fertility issues not qualified to give advice? *sigh* :)
I thought about dissecting this and writing about how each point affects me, blah blah blah… but I don’t think I need to. This poster was clearly created for ME.
Doc called today to say my Day-21 blood test results came back, and that it doesn’t look as though I respondedÂ very well to the first round of Clomid. My progesterone levels are still very low, and don’t indicate that I even ovulated this month. There’s still a small chance that I couldÂ be pregnant this cycle, but judging by my regularÂ PMS symptoms that began today I’dÂ venture to guess not.Â Â
I’m SO looking forward to more drugs, needles, andÂ emotion. Next month I’ll continue on the sameÂ dose of Clomid I tookÂ this month (50mg), and ifÂ we don’t have any luck thatÂ cycle then I’ll beÂ given a higher dose.
And my POOR, POOR husband continues to complain daily about how he can’t eat spicy foods because he’s been forbidden by our doctor to take heartburn medication.Â *tear*Â
This week the fertility medication I’m taking (Clomid) is affecting me a *little* more strongly than it did last week. LAST week I was all, “I just started taking my pills but I feek okay besides a few migraines, and I haven’t really been crazy at all!”
THIS week, so far, I have cried at the all followingÂ things (it’s amazing that I haven’t lostÂ 10lbsÂ ofÂ water-weight):
- A funny passage in MarleyÂ & Me (I’m reading the book)
- A sad passage in Marley & Me
- The beautiful mountains in Alaska
- The fact that I even have to take fertility medication at age 28
- Missing my mom (who lives in Idaho)
- Missing my sisters (who live in Idaho)
- Missing all of the rest of my family (who live in Idaho)
- How I hate Idaho for stealing my family
- How much I truly love my husband
- The fact that my husband built me a snowmachine with hot pink accents
- My dog. Just in generalÂ – and how lucky I am to have her (she’s amazing)
- How much I love my job
- How much I hate my job
- A migraine headache
- Missing my grandma (who passed away in 2008, and every time I make spaghetti I think about her because she was amazing and Italian)
- Keeping up with the Kardashians (this one came out of nowhere)
- A sweetÂ comment on Facebook from my cousin about the SuperWife blog
- How much I love my friend Sam, and how proud of herÂ I am
- How I am equally happy/jealous that my friend Jen is having a baby
- How I am ashamedÂ at myself for being jealous of anyone’sÂ anything when I have so much in my life to be thankful for
- How I have so much in my life to be thankful for
- My teddy bear
- A funny baby video on youtube
- LawÂ & Order: SVU
- How Adam probably thinks I’m crazy
- American Idol
- When Adam told me I was crazy
- AÂ projector screen fiasco
- How if I actually did get pregnant this month, I would be due on Halloween, and how awesome that would be because I would totally dress up to go into labor
- A baby laughing at the grocery store
- A bad dream
- A good dream
- My other friend Jen’s good dream
- My nailpolish
- A cute pair of baby socks I saw today
I think I’m doing okay, though… right?
YOU THINK I’M DOING OKAY, RIGHT?