What. A. Whirlwind.
After a week with my awesome family and snuggling with my 2 babies (my own baby and my sister’s baby), I spentÂ 2 fun-packed days in San Diego for the BlogHer’11 conference with the lovely Miss Molly from morethanheels.com. From the moment I stepped off of the plane, we were gogogo-ing. Literally, the moment I stepped off of the plane, Molly told me “get dressed in the passenger seat of the car, we’re driving straight toÂ the Dermalogica/CNDÂ party.” Eeek! Â
So… Night 1 Highlights:
- Amazing swag from Dermalogica/CND party. Am obsessed with Dermalogica products now.
- I got to meet The Bloggess! Surprising: she is MUCH taller than I expected.
- I nearly passed out when I saw that Pfizer now makes GREEN APPLE CHAPSTICK.
BlogHer day 2 was also a whirlwind. Molls and I never had time for breakfast all weekend (thank goodness Baileys & Coffeemate had booths in the expo hall!), and I’m pretty sure we didn’t eat a proper meal until Saturday night. Anyway, loved the sessions I attended on Day 1 of the conference, and was completely overwhelmed in the expo hall by the sheer volume of free swag that exhibitors were giving away. I felt like I was robbing the CVS booth (mascara, lip gloss, and new Salma Hayek makeup? yes please.), and had a blast taking pics with Molly at all of the booths with fun photo areas.
Day/Night 2 Highlights:
- Attended some really interestung sessions, took some rad photos with Molly on the expo floor.
- Got more GREEN APPLE CHAPSTICK.
- Won the one and only VIP pass to the Softcup Party on a nearby rooftop and had drinks with Mario Lopez, Amanda Beard, Ryan Cabrera and Clark Duke. Learned that I’m kind of an asshole around celebrities (separate blog post to come).
BlogHer day 3 was a hot hungover mess. I went to more amazing sessions (including “How to Pitch a Book” – anyone interested in a Superwife book?Â <3 ), drank a LOT moreÂ coffee and took it waaaaaay easy on the partying, as I had a flight first thing the next morning,
Day/Night 3 Highlights:
- Was completely inspired in the sessions I attended. I cannot wait to write a damn book.
- GOT MORE GREEN APPLE CHAPSTICK.
- Shared my post about Johnson & Johnson baby wash with an actual Johnson & Johnson exec; she asked me to email it to her!
So… there you have it. I had a ton of fun, learned a ton of stuff, met a ton of people, took a ton of photos. A huge thanks again to my supersponsors, Paragon/Dirtt and Bradley Reid, for making it possible for Superwife to attend BlogHer’11!
Do you blog? YouÂ should totally go next year, when BlogHer’12 will be held in New York! Now… who would like to sponsor Superwife for 2012? NYC is a looooooong way away from AK…