Okaaaaaay… since I made all of your little mouths water by posting a pic on facebook today… here is the delicious recipe. :)
I hope you’ll all remember that I’m not so good at “measuring” things when I cook, so I guessed for you. I’m more of a “little of this, little of that” kind of chef.
Superwife’s Strawberry Pulled Pork
- 1 boneless pork sirloin (or butt roast), 3-ish lbs
- 2 cups whole strawberries
- 2Â cups sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dry rosemary
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water
- (optional) 2-4 cloves minced garlic
- Stir togetherÂ whole strawberries with all ingredients except the meat.
- Place all pork in slow cooker, cover with sauce mixture.
- Cook 6 hours on a low heat setting.
- Remove meat from slowcooker; shred using a fork (or 2 forks). Throw awayÂ any fat.
- Return shredded meat to slow cooker, add the 2 cups of sliced strawberries.
- Cook on low 10-45 more minutes (depending on how “cooked” you want the strawberries – I left mine in for 45 min).
- Serve on buns!