It’s amazing how much your entire brain changes when you have a baby… my mind is consumed by completely new things, all day every day. I have no idea how new mothers ever survived without the researching tools we have available to us today… between the countless books I have on my shelves and the internet, I’m reluctant to ever call a doctor with a “stupid” question.
So, I give you…
SuperMommy Paranoia - Things I’ve Googled Since Giving Birth (in no specific order)
- How often should I be breasfeeding my newborn?
- How long should I breastfeed my newborn at each sitting?
- Breastfeeding tips – latching
- Cures for bleeding nipples
- How much milk should my newborn be drinking every day?
- How much milk should I be pumping per session?
- Is it normal for one breast to produce more milk?
- Is it okay for my newborn to breastfeed if my nipples are bleeding?
- When should I supplement formula?
- How do I stimulate my breasts to produce more milk?
- How often should I bathe my baby?
- Why does my baby have a rash on her face?
- Should I use ointment if my baby doesn’t have diaper rash?
- When would I use baby powder vs A&D vs Desitin?
- How many diapers should my baby go through per day?
- Does beer help produce milk?
- How do I know if my breastshields for my breastpump fit properly?
- Symptoms of thrush – how do I know if I have it?
- When do babies smile?
- How do I know when to go up a diaper size?
- Can you overfeed a newborn?
- How do I get my baby to sleep in her bassinett?
- How to swaddle a baby
- What if my baby doesn’t like being swaddled?
- How much alcohol can I drink while I’m breastfeeding?
- Is it necessary to pump & dump if I drink wine while breastfeeding?
- How do I trim by baby’s fingernails?
- How do you bite your baby’s fingernails?
- Is it normal for my 1 month old to still be wearing preemie diapers?
- Do I have to warm up my baby’s bottle or can she drink it cool?
Seriously… there’s more. I just can’t remember everything because I usually google on my iphone while I’m breastfeeding in the middle of the night. If I had to call my doctor to ask all of these questions, he would probably fire me.